Areas of expertise:
- Active noise control and sound field reproduction
- Blind source separation and independent component analysis
- Multichannel hands-free communication
- EEG signal processing and analysis
- Adaptive noise cancellation
- Acoustic feedback in Digital hearing aid systems
- M. T. Akhtar, and A. Nishihara, “Two-adaptive filter-based method using gain controlled probe noise for acoustic feedback neutralization in digital hearing aids,” in Proc. 16th International Workshop on Acoustic Signal Enhancement (IWAENC 2018), Sept. 17-20, 2018, Tokyo, Japan, pp. 176-180.
- M. T. Akhtar, “A convex-combined step-size-based normalized modified filtered-x least mean square algorithm for impulsive active noise control systems,” in Proc. EUSIPCO 2018, September 03-07, 2018, Rome, Italy, pp. 2468-2472.
- M. T. Akhtar, “An adaptive algorithm - based on modified tanh non-linearity and fractional processing - for impulsive active noise control systems,” Journal of Low Frequency Noise, Vibration and Active Control, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 495-508, Sept. 2018.
- Power System and Energy Management, Digital Twin Technology,
- Renewable and Sustainable Energy, Power Quality and Harmonics,
- High Voltage Technology, Transformers, Electric Rotating Machines,
- Real-time Monitoring and Industry 4.0, Fault Diagnosis and Prognosis,
- Digital Transformation in Energy and Utilities Industry,
- IoT and Machine Learning in Power System, Smart City and Smart Grid,
- Dynamic Wireless Charging of Electric Vehicles,
- Electrical Insulation and Frequency Response Analysis,
- Partial Discharge and Cable Quality Assessment.
- Bagheri, M., Lu, M., Naderi, M., Phung, B., Transformer frequency response: A new technique to analyze and distinguish the low-frequency band in the frequency response analysis spectrum, In : IEEE Electrical Insulation Magazine. 34, 5, p. 39-49, 2018.
- Bagheri, M., Nezhivenko, S., Naderi, M., Zollanvari, A., A new vibration analysis approach for transformer fault prognosis over cloud environment, In : International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 100, p. 104-116, 2018.
- Bagheri, M., Nurmanova, V., Abedinia, O., Salay Naderi, M., Enhancing power quality in microgrids with a new online control strategy for DSTATCOM using reinforcement learning algorithm, In : IEEE Access. 6, p. 38986-38996, 2018.
Tel: +7 (7172) 706473
School of Engineering,
Block 3, Office3.508,
- Dynamic systems and complex network analysis
- Epidemic modeling and simulation
- Design and performance evaluation of communication networks
- Scheduling and optimization in vehicle-to-grid (V2G) systems
- Modern queueing theory applications in wireless/wired networks
- M. S. Kumar, A. Dadlani, K. Kim, Performance analysis of an unreliable M/G/1 retrial queuewith two-way communication, Operational Research, pp. 1-14, August 2018.
- K. Ahn, A. Dadlani, K. Kim, W. Saad, Revenue Maximization of Multi-class Charging Stations with Opportunistic Charger Sharing, IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp. 1-6, 2018.
- A. Dadlani, MS Kumar, MG Maddi, K Kim, Mean-field dynamics of inter-switching memes competing over multiplex social networks, IEEE Communications Letters 21 (5), pp. 967-970, 2017.
- Biomedical Imaging, Biomaterials, Cell and Soft Tissue Biomechanics
- Diagnostics Methods & Clinical Biochemistry
- Super High-Resolution Imaging Microscopy Systems
- Surface characterization of various materials applied for Solar Cells, Ceramics and biological matter.
- K. Dukenbayev, A. Smirnov, S. K. Sekatskii, D. Tosi, G. Dietler, Chemically etched polymer optical fiber probe for near-field scanning optical microscopy study in liquids, Journal of proceedings of SPIE BiOS: Imaging, Manipulation and Analysis of Biomolecules, Cells and Tissue, Volume 10881, 2019.
- K. Dukenbayev, A. Kozlovskiy, I. Korolkov, M. Zdorovets, Investigation of radiation resistance of AlN ceramics, Journal of Vacuum, Volume 159, 2019.
- K. Dukenbayev, A. Kozlovskiy, I. Kenzhina, A. Berguzinov, M. Zdorovets, Study of the effect of irradiation with Fe7+ ions on the structural properties of thin TiO2 foils, Journal of Materials Research Express, Volume 6, 2019.
Tel: + 7 (7172)704674
School of Engineering
Block 3, room 3521 A
- Dr. Mohammad Hashmi
- RF Wireless Power Transfer
- RF Aspects in Wireless Body Area Network
- Nonlinear and Linear Transistor Device Modelling (Conventional and Machine Learning Based)
- Advanced RF Circuits (Active and Passive) and High Frequency Measurement Techniques
- D. Rano, and M. S. Hashmi, “An Extremely Compact EBG backed Antenna for Smartwatch Applications in Medical Body Area Network,” IET Microwave and Antenna Propagation, Accepted/Feb 2019.
- A. Khusro, M. S. Hashmi, and A. Q. Ansari, “An Accurate and Simplified Small Signal Parameter Extraction Method for GaN HEMT,” International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications (Wiley), Accepted/Feb 2019.
- R. Gupta, M. H. Maktoomi, V. V. Singh, and M. S. Hashmi, “High Impedance Transforming Dual-Band Balun with Isolation and Output-ports Matching”, Progress in Electromagnetics Journal, Accepted/Jan 2019.
- Bio-inspired Design and intelligent control of Rehabilitation Robots for stroke patients.
- Development of newer Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence approaches and their applications in image-processing using GANs, virtual reality and mixed reality, digital image processing for oil exploration, Signal processing Bio-sensors (EEG, EMG etc.), Health care applications such as Big Data Analytics for cancer treatment.
- Development of serial-parallel robots to supplement CNC machining centers.
- Development of robotic as well as in-silico biomechanical models of human joints to provide a baseline knowledge which can be used for identifying individuals at risk for injury, developing solutions for preventing injury and for assessing joint reconstruction and implantation methods.
- B. Abdikenov, Z. Iklassov, A. Sharipov, S. Hussain, and P. K. Jamwal, “Analytics of Heterogeneous Breast Cancer Data Using Neuroevolution” IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 18050-18060, 2019.
- P. K. Jamwal, B. Abdikenov, and S. Hussain, “Evolutionary optimization using equitable fuzzy sorting genetic algorithm (EFSGA),” IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 8111-8126, 2019.
- Z. Tauanov, D. Shah, V. Inglezakis, and P. K. Jamwal, “Hydrothermal synthesis of zeolite production from coal fly ash: A heuristic approach and its optimization for system identification of conversion,” Journal of Cleaner Production, vol. 182, pp. 616-623, 2018.
- High level design of adaptive systems
- Dynamic partial reconfiguration
- Embedded systems development
- Reconfigurable Computing
- V. Kizheppatt, AsyncBTree: Revisiting Binary Tree Topology for Efficient FPGA-Based NoC Implementation, International Journal of Reconfigurable Computing, Volume 2019, Article ID 7239858, 9 pages, 2019.
- V. Kizheppatt and S. A. Fahmy, FPGA dynamic and partial reconfiguration: A survey of architectures, methods, and applications, ACM Computing Surveys, 51 (4), 72, 2018.
- I. Dolzhikova, K. Salama, V. Kizheppatt, A. James, Memristor-based Synaptic Sampling Machines, IEEE 18th International Conference on Nanotechnology (IEEE-NANO), 420-425, 2018.
- Physical layer design
- Channel modeling
- Wireless optical communications
- 5G systems
- Visible light communications
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Society 5.0
- Manglayev, Talgat, Refik Caglar Kizilirmak, and Nor Asilah Wati Abdul Hamid. "GPU Accelerated PIC and SIC for OFDM-NOMA." Electronics 8.3 (2019): 257.
- O. Narmanlioglu, R.C. Kizilirmak, F. Miramirkhani, S. Safaraliev, S.M. Sait, M. Uysal, "Effect of Wiring and Cabling Topolies on the performance Distributed MIMO OFDM VLC Systems", IEEE Access, 2019.
- M. Yerzhanova, A. Amantayeva, R.C. Kizilirmak, "UAV Location Optimization for UAV-to-Vehicle(U2V) Multiple Access Channel with Visible Light Communication (VLC)", IEEE Wireless Days, 2019.
- Wireless Communications and Networks
- Signal Processing for Communications
- Nano-Neural Communication Networks
- L. Tlebaldiyeva, T. Tsiftsis, and B. Maham, “Performance Analysis of Improved Energy Detector with Hardware Impairments for Accurate Spectrum Sensing,” IEEE Access, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 13927-13938, Dec. 2019.
- K. Aghababaiyan, V. Shahmansouri, and B. Maham, “Joint Optimization of Input Spike Rate and Receiver Decision Threshold to Maximize Achievable Bit Rate of Neuro-Spike Communication Channel,” IEEE Transactions on NanoBioscience, Accepted, Dec 2018.
- B. Maham and R. Kizilirmak, “Neuro-Spike Communications with Multiple Synapses under Inter-Neuron Interference,” IEEE Access, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 39962-39968, Dec. 2018.
- Micro-structured Fiber Design
- High Power Fiber Lasers
- Mid-IR Photonic Technologies
- Computational Electromagnetism
- Optical Fiber Sensors
- A. Beisenova, A. Issatayeva, S. Sovetov, S. Korganbayev, M. Jelbuldina, Z. Ashikbayeva, W. Blanc, E. Schena, S. Sales, C. Molardi, and D. Tosi, “Multi-fiber distributed thermal profiling of minimally invasive thermal ablation with scattering-level multiplexing in MgO-doped fibers,” Biomedical Optics Express, 10(3), 1282-1296, 2019. [IF: 3.482]
- T. Ayupova, M. Sypabekova, C. Molardi, A. Bekmurzayeva, M. Shaimerdenova, K. Dukenbayev and D. Tosi, “Wavelet Based Demodulation of Multimode Etched Fiber Bragg Grating Refractive Index Sensor,” MDPI Sensors, 19(1), 39, 2018. [IF: 2.475]
- M. Sypabekova, S Korganbayev, W. Blanc, T. Ayupova, A. Bekmurzayeva, M. Shaimerdenova, K. Dukenbayev, C. Molardi, and D. Tosi, “Fiber optic refractive index sensors through spectral detection of Rayleigh backscattering in a chemically etched MgO-based nanoparticle-doped fiber,” Optics Letters, 43 (24), 5945-5948, 2018. [IF: 3.589]
Tel: + 7 (7172)694618
School of Engineering
- Energy harvesting wireless communications
- Cognitive radio
- Physical layer security
- Massive MIMO
- Interference alignment
- Interference coordination and cancelation
- Cooperative communications
- Relaying networks
- Multiuser communications theory
- Visible light communications
- Free-space optical communications
- Vehicular technologies
- G. Nauryzbayev, M. Abdallah, and H. Elgala, “Outage of SEE-OFDM VLC-NOMA Networks,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 121-124, January 15, 2019.
- S. Arzykulov, T. A. Tsiftsis, G. Nauryzbayev, and M. Abdallah, “Outage Performance of Cooperative Underlay CR-NOMA with Imperfect CSI,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 176-179, January 2019.
- J. Al-khori, G. Nauryzbayev, M. Abdallah, and M. Hamdi, “Secrecy Performance of Decode-and-Forward based Hybrid RF/VLC Relaying Systems,” IEEE Access, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 10844-10856, January 2019.
Tel: + 7 (7172)692684
School of Engineering
Block 3, room 3.515
- Advanced materials including energy harvesting materials; metal oxides thin films and nanostructures
- Organic and perovskite solar cells
- Plasmonic photovoltaics
- Optoelectronic device fabrication and optimization
- A. Ng, Z. Ren, H. Hu, P. W. K. Fong, Q. Shen, S. H. Cheung, P. Qin, J.-W. Lee, A. B. Djurišić, S. K. Su, G. Li, Y. Yang, C. Surya, A Cryogenic Process for Antisolvent-Free High-Performance Perovskite Solar Cells, Adv. Mater. 30, 1804402, 2018.
- Q. Shen, A. Ng, Z. Ren, H. C. Gokkaya, A. B. Djurišić, C. Surya, Characterization of low-frequency excess noise in CH 3 NH 3 PbI 3 -based solar cells grown by solution and hybrid chemical vapor deposition techniques, ACS Appl. Mater. Interface, 10, 371, 2018.
- Z. Ren, J. Zhou, Y. Zhang, A. Ng, Q. Shen, S. H. Cheung, H. Shen, K. Li, Z. Zheng, S. K. So, A. B. Djurišić, C. Surya, Strategies for high performance perovskite/crystalline silicon four-terminal tandem solar cells, Sol. Energy Mater. Sol. Cells. 179, 36, 2018.
- Energy 4.0: Transcative Energy Models for Smart Power Distribution grids
- Renewable Energy Integration, Smart Microgrids and Mesogrids
- Industry 4.0: IoT applications in Power Systems
- Demand Side Management and Energy Management
- Self-healing Power Grids
- Industry 4.0 and Distribution System Automation
- Power System resiliency
- H. S. V. S. K. Nunna, N. A. B. Aziz, D. Srinivasan, A Smart Energy Management Framework for Distribution Systems with Perceptive Residential Consumers, IEEE PES Asia-Pacific Power and Energy Engineering Conference (APPEEC). Pp.434-438, 2018.
- A. Sesetti, H. K. Nunna, S. Doolla, A. K. Rathore, Multi-Agent based Energy Trading Platform for Energy Storage Systems in Distribution Systems with Inter-connected Microgrids, IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting (IAS), pp. 1-8, 2018.
- H. K. Nunna, S. Battula, S. Doolla, D. Srinivasan, Energy management in smart distribution systems with vehicle-to-grid integrated microgrids, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid 9 (5), pp. 4004-4016, 2018.
- Multilevel DC-AC Converter Voltage / Current Quality for PWM and Low Frequency Synchronous Optimal Modulation
- Switched Capacitor Converters
- Natural Capacitor Voltage Balancing in Multilevel Converters
- Hammami M.; Ricco M.; Ruderman A.; Grandi G., Three-Phase Three-Level Flying Capacitor PV Generation System with Embedded Ripple Correlation Control MPPT Algorithm, Electronics 2019, 8(2), 118 (IF 2.110).
- Rassilo P.; Martinez W.; Fujisaki K.; Kyyra J.; Ruderman A., Simulink Model for PWM-Supplied Laminated Magnetic Cores Including Hysteresis, Eddy-Current and Excess Losses, IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, vol. 34, issue 2, 2019, pp.1683-1695 (IF 7.151).
- Mustafa Y.; Zhaikhan A.; Ruderman A., Dual Output Switched Capacitor Converter Model for Cross Regulation Effects, Electronics Letters, vol. 54, issue 21, 2018, pp. 1231-1233 (IF 1.232).
- Optical fiber sensors
- Optical biosensors
- Biomedical sensors
- Distributed sensing and applications
- A. Beisenova, A. Issatayeva, S. Sovetov, S. Korganbayev, M. Jelbuldina, Z. Ashikbayeva, W. Blanc, E. Schena, S. Sales, C. Molardi, D. Tosi, “Multi-fiber distributed thermal profiling of minimally invasive thermal ablation with scattering-level multiplexing in MgO-doped fibers,” Biomedical Optics Express, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1282-1296, 2019.
- T. Ayupova, M. Sypabekova, C. Molardi, A. Bekmurzayeva, M. Shaimerdenova, K. Dukenbayev, D. Tosi, “Wavelet Based Demodulation of Multimode Etched Fiber Bragg Grating Refractive Index Sensor,” Sensors, vol. 19, no. 1, 39, 2019.
- A. Bekmurzayeva, K. Dukenbayev, M. Shaimerdenova, I. Bekniyazov, T. Ayupova, M. Sypabekova, C. Molardi, D. Tosi, “Etched fiber Bragg grating biosensor functionalized with aptamers for detection of thrombin,” Sensors, vol. 18, no. 12, 4298, 2018.
- Nanoelectronic and Optoelectronic Circuits and Systems
- Photonic Computing and Photonic Integrated Circuits (Nanophotonics)
- Modeling and Signal Integrity for Circuits, Devices and Systems
- High-bandwidth Packaging Design and Solutions
- Elochukwu Onyejegbu, Dias Azhigulov and Ikechi Augustine Ukaegbu, “Numerical Analysis of A Dynamic Power-Aware Integrated Circuit for Optoelectronic Interconnect Applications,” accepted, SPIE Optics and Optoelectronics, Prague, Czech Republic, April, 2019.
- Dias Azhigulov, Ikechi Augustine Ukaegbu, and Hyo-Hoon Park, “The Design of All-Optical Logic Gates Using Micro-ring Resonator Structures,” accepted, SPIE Optics and Optoelectronics, Prague, Czech Republic, April, 2019.
- Nga T. H. Nguyen, Ikechi Augustine Ukaegbu, Hyo-Hoon Park, “A 30 Gb/s Integrated Receiver Array for Parallel Optical Interconnects,” IET Journal of Engineering, accepted March 2019.
- Pattern Recognition
- Machine Learning
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Biomedical Informatics
- Amin Zollanvari, Alex P. James, Reza Sameni, A Theoretical Analysis of the Peaking Phenomenon in Classification, In Press, Journal of Classification, 2019.
- Berdakh Abibullaev, Amin Zollanvari, Learning Discriminative Spatiospectral Features of ERPs for Accurate Brain-Computer Interfaces, In Press, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 2019.
- Mehdi Bagheri, Amin Zollanvari, Svyatoslav Nezhivenko, Transformer Fault Condition Prognosis using Vibration Signals over Cloud Environment, IEEE Access, pp. 9862-9874, 2018.