When does the admission begin? How can I apply to the School?
- Direct Admission
- Transfer Admission
Please use the link in order to get more detailed information.
What are the requirements to apply to the School? What is the fee?
LIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ADMISSION COMPETITION .
The students, who successfully passed the entry examinations, study only under state educational grant, which covers the students’ expenses for the whole period of study. Yearly 500 state educational grants are allocated to Nazarbayev University by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan in compliance with state educational order since 2010. Training of graduate and PhD students also are carried out within the state educational order, except programs of Graduate School of Business.
Is the dormitary provided? Where is it situated?
What if I miss an exam?
Once the School Office approves your form, you will have the examination with those who have a resit, but it will be your first attempt. If you fail and meet the attendance requirements you will have an opportunity to resit then.
Can I take dictionary or calculator to the exam?
What if I lose my calculator or locker key?
Shall I return the money in case of withdrawal?
If you need to know the procedures for the Foundation programme students, please contact the Department of Student affairs: +7 (7172) 70 63 80, 70 60 86, 70 65 83, 70 60 82
How can I registrer for a course? What are the rules and procedures about the electives?
What should I do in case of illness or external conferencs? How my attendance rate will be calculated?
1. Download the exuse form here, print it and fill it. When you fill the excuse form you must point out which exactly lessons you have missed, the dates of particular classes and the section you belong to. The same concerns the assignments.
2. Attach the evidence paper (medical certificate** or internship/conference confirmation along with the boarding pass) and bring it to the School office. Please print the form yourself as the School office will not do it for you.
* Reasonable excuses are the following:
– internship/ conference etc. concerning your study process and approved by the School.
** Please note that the mediacal certificates must be signed by the local University doctor. If you have obtained the certificate somewhere else, you must bring it to the University doctor and obtain the certificate there. Then you should attach it to your excuse form and bring it to the school office.
For each lesson (lecture) you obtain 2 pionts, for the missed classes – 0 points. In case your absence is excused, you will have 1 point.
What should I do if I want to change my major?
May I transfer to another school? What should I do for that?
1. Transfer of credits from Outside of NU
2. Transfer between NU Schools (Internal transfers)
It is allowed to change Schools/majors after you have been admitted The university shall consider internal transfer students under the following conditions and requirements:
– The transfer of a student will go into effect in the following semester after approval of the application;
– Check with the School you wish to transfer to for more information. Each School will have its own transfer requirements;
An internal transfer student will only be accepted for transfer based on space availability and at the discretion of the Receiving School.
Internal Transfer Procedures:
- An internal transfer student shall fill in a transfer form and submit the form to the Dean or other designated person in the receiving School.
- If the application complies with the stated requirements, the application shall be taken under consideration by the School Admissions Committee.
- Transfer decisions are mainly based on the applicant’s eligibility, academic performance and English language proficiency.
- The Admissions Committee shall notify the applicant about the decision taken by the committee (positive or negative) by electronic mail, followed by an official letter.