Dr. Prashant Jamwal together with students have launched a startup endeavor with a brand name of ReLive.
Dr. Prashant Jamwal together with students have launched a startup endeavor with a brand name of ReLive. This startup shall produce and sell rehabilitation robots with state of the art technologies in Kazakhstan.
The end of October 2018 was very successful for this startup, they were invited by the Ministry of Healthcare to participate in Digital Health Exhibition, Astana (25th-26th Oct 2018).
This was a special event organized by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan within the framework of the global conference on primary health care with the help of the Center for Rehabilitation and Health Care, UNICEF and WHO. Aimed at providing an opportunity to showcase the latest and most modern technologies, the exhibition was attended by leading world organizations, major companies and health experts () such as Sanofi, Ericsson Nikola Tesla, Seimens etc. (http://dhastana.kz/). ReLive was also given a nice place in the exhibition.
Following are few points a startup aims to highlight their success:
- We demonstrated a product to be used by stroke survivors for upper limb rehabilitation therapy.
- The robot had state of the art controller implemented and to give it an edge over other products it also had a provision to control using thoughts. The subjects using this robot could decide by thinkingwhether they need support from robot or they can do without.
- The Minister and Vice Minister of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan visited us and appreciated our product and efforts.
- Among other VIP visitors who appreciated our efforts were UNICEF Executive Director Ms. Henrietta Fore, World bank representative, Provost and vice Provost of Semey Medical University, business reps and many officials from Health care Ministry.
- At the concluding day our exhibition (ReLive) was given the best digital solution award which was a real booster to my team.
The participation has given a good amount of publicity to NU, since the conference was attended by participants from more than 40 countries.