The Master of Engineering Management (MEM) degree program is a specialized degree program offered by School of Engineering and Digital Sciences in partnership with Graduate School of Business at Nazarbayev University. The aim of the program is to prepare students with the technical skills and business knowledge for leadership of engineering-related units of enterprises with innovative solutions for complex business problems. The MEM program emphasizes adapting and applying analytical skills and scientific knowledge into business practice.
Biomedical Engineering is an interdisciplinary specialty that applies engineering principles to solve clinical problems. This discipline commonly deals with medical therapies, monitoring devices, and diagnostic tools. The contributions of biomedical engineering to society have grown rapidly since WW II. In fact, the Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) recently listed the most prominent modern-day technologies and applications that have come about as a result of biomedical engineering.
The program is designed to provide advanced skills and a detailed knowledge base at the graduate level for individuals working in academia, industry or research settings in Kazakhstan or throughout the world. The MSc ECE provides a comprehensive technological and scientific preparation for engineers in 2 (two) key areas of Electrical and Computer Engineering: (a) Electrical Engineering; and (b) Computer Engineering.
The program intends to prepare graduates for jobs in growing priority sectors in Kazakhstan, including multiple manufacturing sectors, such as machinery, energy, chemistry, electronics and innovation. Graduates of the program will have advanced research skills that would enable them to explore important questions in intelligent systems and make significant ongoing contributions in technologically diverse and dynamic economic environments, both in Kazakhstan and abroad.
The program is designed to provide students with in-depth knowledge of basic computer science disciplines, along with the study of new industries (mobile and mass computing, multi factor authentication, privacy and security, permanent data collection, big data analysis and data production). Students will receive the ability to either continue their educational training at the doctoral level or immediately utilize their training in key economic sectors such as government, business, industry, health care, and education.
The program offers a research-and student-centered education. The balance of emphasis on fundamentals, recent computational innovations, big data analytics, and applied artificial intelligence will stimulate and accelerate knowledge discoveries.
The Master of Science in Chemical and Materials Engineering (MSc-ChME) degree program is a specialized degree program offered by the School of Engineering and Digital Sciences (SEDS) at Nazarbayev University (NU). The program is research oriented and it is designed to provide the skills required to solve advanced technical problems in chemical and materials engineering through a combination of Thesis Research and advanced coursework. All students in the MSc-ChME program will take a number of advanced core courses in key fundamental chemical engineering areas such as transport phenomena, applied mathematics, chemical reaction engineering, materials characterization and materials processing.
The Master of Science in Civil & Environmental Engineering (MSc-CEE) degree program is a specialized degree program offered by School of Engineering and Digital Sciences (SEDS) at Nazarbayev University (NU). This MSc-CEE program focuses on Infrastructure Systems, Transportation Systems and Vertical Structures.
The Master of Science in Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering (MSc-MAE) degree program is a specialized degree program offered by School of Engineering and Digital Sciences at Nazarbayev University. The MSc-MAE provides a comprehensive technology preparation for engineers from several disciplines related to the areas of design, maintenance, oil and gas, petrochemical, heat and power generation, food processing, automotive, mining, environment, aerospace and transportation, in perfect alignment with today´s technological challenges.
Applicants applying to the Program are expected to have:
1. An undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent).
During the application period final year students may submit official current transcript for consideration.
2. A minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.0 (or equivalent).
3. High level of English proficiency.
The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the program is:
1) Overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-scores no less than 6.0) or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website;
2) Candidates with not sufficient IELTS score may be admitted to the ZERO-year program:
The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test report for conditional admission (NUZYP) is an overall IELTS test score of 5.5, with no more than one sub-score of 5.0, or the equivalent TOEFL scores as posted on the ETS website;
3) Applicants, at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
- an undergraduate and/or graduate degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English.
4. Strong mathematical skills as demonstrated by a test administered by the School on a set date. Applicants who provide valid GRE or GMAT test certificate may request exemption from mathematical skills test;
5. High motivation and strong interest in the program as outlined in a statement of purpose;
6. A curriculum vitae;
7. Two letters of recommendation.
Application package checklist:
1. Complete Application form;
2. National ID (for the citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan) and passport (for international applicants);
3. Official document confirming name change (if applicable);
4. Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree diploma with transcript;
During the application period final year students may upload official current transcript for consideration.
5. IELTS or TOEFL certificate valid as of date of online documents submission;
6. Document confirming English as the language of instruction (only for applicants who earned their degree in a program which was taught in English and request an exemption from submitting IELTS or TOEFL).
Applicants should provide a detailed certificate/reference from the university indicating the number and list of subjects completed in English.
7. Curriculum vitae (up to 2 pages);
8. GRE/GMAT certificate valid as of date of online documents submission (if applicable);
9. Statement of purpose (up to 1 page);
10. Two confidential letters of recommendation (at least one academic reference) written within the last 12 months (to be provided by referees electronically or in hard copy after receiving an email request);
11. Consent for Applicant’s personal data processing (according to the template in applicant’s personal account).
All required documents indicated above (excluding letters of recommendation) must be uploaded by candidates to the Personal account before the indicated deadline.
All submitted documents shall be in English or with notarized English translation.
Submission of a complete application package does not guarantee admission to the Program.
Applicants recommended for admission must provide hard copies of all documents as requested by the Admissions Department within established period of time.
Applicants who obtained their degree diplomas/certificates from foreign education institutions must request their official transcripts to be sent directly to the University: 010000, Astana, Kabanbay Batyr Ave., 53, Nazarbayev University, Admissions Department.
The Online registration periods:
Early admission: from November 4, 2019, until February 16, 2020 (inclusive). The online registration is free of charge.
Regular admission: from February 17, 2020, until May 12, 2020 (inclusive). You need to make a payment to submit your application. The amount of the application fee depends on the program.