Master of Science in Computer Science:
The Master of Science in Computer Science Program is a two-year program (120 ECTS credits) designed to provide students with advanced mastery of the core CS disciplines along with exposure to emerging areas (such as mobile and pervasive computing, multi-factor authentication, privacy and security, persistent data collection, “big data” analysis and data mining).
Students will receive the knowledge and experience that demonstrates domain expertise, and the ability to either continue their educational training at the doctoral level or immediately utilize their training in key economic sectors such as government, business, industry, health care, and education. This program is distinguished by its progressive curriculum , that includes more credits than in a typical program, with more courses, and a research thesis requirement. It offers physical resources for comprehensive learning (labs and equipment) and the diversity of the program faculty. SST Computer Science Faculty can be found here.
Framework of the SST Computer Science Master’s Program:
The emphasis here lies in hands-on skills development, balancing between theory and entrepreneurial practice covering both traditional and emerging fields. The program runs exclusively in English.
1) an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, to be determined by the Admissions Committee;
2) a minimum CGPA of 2.75;
3) the required level of English proficiency as indicated below
4) 2 letters of recommendation;
5) a personal statement of purpose;
6) submission of a valid IELTS or TOEFL test report (must be submitted).
Required Level of English Proficiency:
The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the Master of Science in Computer Science program is overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-score requirements no less than 6.0), or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website.
Applicants to the Master of Science in Computer Science program, at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in an English Speaking country;
- their undergraduate degree was earned in a program with English as the main language of instruction;
- the applicant is a graduate of Nazarbayev University