The Applied Mechanics Research Group at School of Engineering, Nazarbayev University is a newly established research group with diverse interests and research activities ranging from Computational Mechanics & Control Theory to Mechanical systems oscillations & UAVs. Group members are leading and/or participating in a wide range of research projects while a seminar series is offered by the group with the aim of fostering graduate students development.
Environmental Science & Technology is an interdisciplinary and broad area and offers the opportunity to bring together researchers from various backgrounds and provide a high-level approach with an international vision, in-depth knowledge and research. We welcome faculty, students and other members of NU community to contact us and explore collaboration opportunities in the following areas:
– Water & Wastewater Treatment;
– Soil Science;
– Porous Materials and Membranes Technologies;
– Air Pollution & Gaseous Emissions;
– Advanced Porous Materials for Medical Applications
– Municipal Waste Management.
Nazarbayev University Power Electronics Research Lab (PERL) comprises faculty and graduate students of Schools of Engineering and Science and Technology and National Lab Astana members. PERL research areas include:
– Multilevel PWM Voltage and Current Quality (THD) Evaluation;
– Optimal Voltage and Current Quality (THD) for Staircase (Step) Modulation;
– Combining SHE and Minimal THD Approaches;
– Capacitor Voltage Natural Balancing in Different Multilevel Voltage Source Converters;
– Reconfigurable Switched Capacitor Converters with Multiphase Balanced Switching and Multiple Outputs;
– PWM Induced Losses in Iron Cores of Electrical Machines.
The research group at School of Engineering, Nazarbayev University focuses on the following research areas, and we invite new collaborations all the time in the areas of:
– Bioinspired Computing;
– Neuromorphic VLSI;
– Sensory Signal Processing;
This is a multi-disciplinary and cross-platform research group within the School of Engineering, Nazarbayev University, engaging in state-of-the-art techniques in control, sensory processing, electronics, communications, power systems, and mathematics with projects focusing in areas related to smart homes, smart grids, smart cities, smart transportation, smart sensing, SCADA systems and more.
Our group consists of Professors, Graduate Students, and Capstone Students.
We welcome collaborations within Kazakhstan and international partners.
Advanced Energy Storage Systems and Functional Nanomaterials Research Group at the School of Engineering, Nazarbayev University is an international research group focused on innovative materials, development of new methods of preparation of such materials with emphasis on materials for energy storage and conversion, catalysis, mesoporous and adsorbents, photovoltaics, ecological (water and soil purification) and biomedical applications.
Research project funded by Kazakhstan Ministry of Education and Science.
LaMEC is a Laboratory to Monitor Engineering Constructions, multidisciplinary research organization that provides the customer oriented engineering monitoring services, mostly for engineering structures interconnected to surface and underground water resources such as bridges, dams, and reservoirs. Services are provided to the Emergency and Disaster Management organizations of Kazakhstan and other Central Asian countries (including Afghanistan and Pakistan), Engineering Companies (including Chinese Companies, which operate in Kazakhstan and Central Asia).
The research group is providing optimal scientific and engineering solutions for global environmental and energy problems by focusing on the following research fields
– Environmental & Energy Catalysts;
– Carbon Capture, Conversion, & Sequestration;
– Development of Integrated Water & Wastewater Treatment Systems with Energy Production;
– Environmental System Modeling for Optimization, Risk Assessment, & LCA.
Mission of the research group: Engineering the Future of Personalized Medicine.
Research Focus and Future Directions
- Patient-specific medical image-based virtual heart/Cardiovascular system for non-invasive medical diagnosis and treatment
- Human brain project
- Intelligent system for breast tumor detection and cancer prediction
- Image-based patient-specific biomechanical model of the respiratory system
- Multiscale/Multiphysics Modelling of Muscular-Skeletal Systems
- Personalized prosthetic device , diagnosis and drug delivery system design and fabrication
- Systems in silico biology: Genome-Proteome-Physiome: patient-specific integrative physiological computation
- Patient-specific 3D printing of organs and tissues
- Design and hydrodynamic optimization of Micro-biosensors
- Design optimization of blood-wetted medical devices using simplified Eulerian-Eulerian Blood Damage CFD Modeling